Friday, February 22, 2013

My Daughter Attacked

Subject: My Daughter Attacked
Warning: Graphic content. Discretion advised.

Dear Nilanjan, 

They threw acid on my daughter, Chanchal. They did this because she protested their sexual advances.

Four men from our district in Patna had been harassing her for months. One night they got into our house and threw acid on Chanchal and her sister. Though these four accused have been arrested, their trial hasn't started yet. 

I've seen how public pressure forced the authorities to take action during the Delhi Gang rape case and I want your help to ensure justice for my daughter.

That's why I started a petition on Change.org telling District Magistrate of Patna to ensure speedy justice and provide adequete compensation for my daughter, Chanchal. 

Chanchal narrates this brutal incident to me everyday as she struggles without proper treatment and compensation

Watch my daughter's statement and sign our petition


Watch my daughter's statement. If you cannot see this video, click display images

We need as many signatures as we can get to build public pressure on the District Magistrate to ensure justice for Chanchal. 

It's been more than 4 months since the gruesome incident and my family still lives in fear. But the strength that Chanchal has shown gives us hope that things will get better. 

As I watch my daughter struggle to recover, we look forward to the justice that your signature can get her. 

Thank you for your help, 
Shailesh Paswan via Change.org 

PS: Please forward this mail to your friends and family and help us spread Chanchal's statement on the incident. http://change.org/chanchal 

No comments:

Post a Comment