Indian Express reports:
Nation pays homage to Abdul Kalam, funeral on July 30
The nation today paid homage to former President APJ Abdul Kalam with leaders cutting across the political spectrum and personalities from different walks of life hailing him as a "true son" and a "real gem". President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and a host of dignitaries offered last respects to 83-year-old Kalam whose mortal remains were brought here from Shillong, where he died last night of a massive cardiac arrest. He was 83. Missile Man to President: 'Kalam drove people to think'Kalam reached out his hand and put his foot downKalam's journey started with cattle shed, some cycling help from a colleague
President Mukherjee, PM Modi pay tribute to Kalam at Palam airport
APJ Abdul Kalam, who would have turned 84 in October, died after suffering a massive cardiac arrest during a lecture at the IIM Shillong on Monday
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
- SpiceJet posts Rs 72 cr quarterly profit on lower expenses
- HC bans Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, other ministers' publicity in 'Badh Chala' campaign
About Rs 39,000-crore loss in one year due to illicit markets in manufacturing sectors: FICCI
SC quashes HC order, allows minor rape victim to abort foetus after medical permissions
- Gurdaspur attack: Martyred SP's family refuses to cremate him, demands job for children
- French archaeology students find 560,000-year-old tooth
- Togadia attacks PM Modi over 'saree, shawl' diplomacy with Pak
- Sebi cancels Sahara's mutual fund licence
- Why the fidayeen in Gurdaspur attack may have fired first shots in a new war
- PDP govt pushing youth towards militancy: Omar Abdullah
- OnePlus 2 announced: India launch on August 11; 64GB version starts at Rs 24,999
Anushka Sharma gets APJ Abdul Kalam's name wrong in tribute
Ganguly says no Ind-Pak series amid terror attacks
Say Hello to the new water-resistant Motorola Moto G at Rs 11,999
Motorola's third generation of Moto G smartphone supports 4G connectivity and is waterproof. It comes in 8GB and 16GB versions.
METROS & MORE
Kejriwal's 'take bribe' remark: Delhi court to hear plea on September 10
Arvind Kejriwal had reportedly asked voters to take a bribe from Congress and BJP and vote for AAP in the last assembly elections.
US, Turkey plan for 'safe zone' free of IS in northern Syria
The move further embroils Turkey, a key NATO ally, in Syria's civil war, and also catapults it into a front-line position in the global war against IS.
BSE Sensex closes 102 points down in a choppy trade, NSE Nifty below 8,350; PNB stocks rise almost 5%
The benchmark BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty washed away initial gains to volatile trade today.
Post a Comment