What if the husband is nothing but a brutal rapist?
RSS business friendly government wants to send Indian women back to dark ages.
Here are some of the 'celebrated' derogatory comments about women in the Manusmriti!
Marital rape (also known as spousal rape and rape in marriage) is non-consensual sex (i.e., rape) in which the perpetrator is the victim's spouse. It is a form of ..
RSS governance of fascism doing evrything to Make India a Hindu Rashtra with Manusmriti as its constitution and brands meriatal rape an international concept,not to be allowed in India.
I Hope ,some one like Taslima Nasrin may speak out now against the sustenance of Feudal religious system which makes a woman sex slave once she is married and she has not any right to protect her body and soul predestined to be raped time and again just because she is married.
What if the husband is nothing but a brutal rapist?
In Vedic culture,rape is not a crime and rape has been justified in all religious scripts irrespective of religious identity of woman.Woman is Shudra and may not have any right to property,education,arms and not even the right to wish otherwise as she is branded to be a property captured by some or other man.
RSS business friendly government wants to send Indian women back to dark ages.
It was Babasaheb DR.Ambedkar who tried to ensure woman`s rights breaking the religious chain and introduced Hindu Code bill to empower her with equal rights enjoyed by man in the family and society.
RSS protested vehemently so much so that Nehru hyped to be democratic and secular,could not support Ambedkar and he had to resign from Nehru cabinet.
Very recently, RSS hijacked DR.Ambedkar and trying to get all SC ST OBC and minorities to woo back on its fold just making DR.BR Ambedkar an AVTAR of Vishnu Bhagwan misquoting him again and again.
Women have been more ritually bonded and religious do,do not do discipline is mandatory for her to be a Sati Savitri while depriving her of everything and making her subjected to infinite persecution within the family.
Ironically,armed with caste identity inherited just from the family,woman is never aware of her predestined status of Shudra,who must not have any right whatsoever,civic or human.
They may vote but while elected to represent her people,she must be dictated by male members and it is the freedom we offer for our women to prove ourselves progressive as well as liberal.
Now,BJP is claimed to have One Hundred million members and all of them have to take the RSS Vedic lessons.It is horrible.
The women have to bear the most of the burn despite the patriarchal claim of women`s empowerment in a patriarchal fascist corporate hegemony rule.
Ironically,women not only join the RSS Clan they seem to be more aggressive than the Bajrangi brigade as they seem to reincarnate themselves to the status of the mythical goddess Durga who was created to kill the Non Aryan Asuras.
Those who have joined the Durgavahini with a mission to amke India a Hindu Imperialist nation with cent percent Hindutva,they should read the holy script and understand why woman is raped so often in every part of the country and we justify the crime remaining silent in every case and get a Ptrotest Mode at opportune time in opportune cases.
The twinkling candle light may not herald any rosy morning for the women folk where the anti woman Vedic culture takes over the rule of law.
Thus,RSS governance of corporate fascism in this emerging market makes it very clear decalring that Concept of marital rape cannot be applied in India as marriage is treated as a sacrament or sacred as per mindset of the Indian society!
Bull shit! merital rape is also as much as normal rape.Woman may not protest and has nothing in defence against this bloddy marrige and the man has the infinite license of raping and the man is backed by religious scripts and the government endorses the brutal crime amounting blatant violation of human rights.
Is it the digital post modern nation where we claim that we have no gender bias and the men and women are equal citizens?
Is this the rule of law?
"It is considered that the concept of marital rape, as understood internationally, cannot be suitably applied in the Indian context due to various factors, including level of education, illiteracy, poverty, myriad social customs and values, religious beliefs, mindset of the society to treat the marriage as a sacrament," Minister of State for Home, Haribhai Parathibhai Chaudhary said. He was replying to a written question of DMK MP Kanimozhi in Rajya Sabha.
animozhi had asked the Home Ministry whether Government will bring a bill to amend the IPC to remove the exception of marital rape from the definition of rape; and whether it is a fact that UN Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against women has recommended to India to criminalise marital rape. She had also said that according to United Nations Population Fund that 75 per cent of the married women in India were subjected to marital rape and whether government has taken cognisance of the fact.
Chaudhary said the Ministry of External Affairs and Ministry of Women and Child Development have reported that UN Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women has recommended to India to criminalise marital rape. "The Law Commission of India, while making its 172nd Report on Review of Rape Laws did not recommend criminalisation of marital rape by amending the exception to Section 375 of the Indian Penal Code and hence presently there is no proposal to bring any amendment to the IPC in this regard," the Minister said.
Here are some of the 'celebrated' derogatory comments about women in the Manusmriti :
1. "Swabhav ev narinam ….." – 2/213. It is the nature of women to seduce men in this world; for that reason the wise are never unguarded in the company of females.
2. "Avidvam samlam……….." – 2/214. Women, true to their class character, are capable of leading astray men in this world, not only a fool but even a learned and wise man. Both become slaves of desire.
3. "Matra swastra ……….." – 2/215. Wise people should avoid sitting alone with one's mother, daughter or sister. Since carnal desire is always strong, it can lead to temptation.
4. "Naudwahay…………….." – 3/8. One should not marry women who has have reddish hair, redundant parts of the body [such as six fingers], one who is often sick, one without hair or having excessive hair and one who has red eyes.
5. "Nraksh vraksh ……….." – 3/9. One should not marry women whose names are similar to constellations, trees, rivers, those from a low caste, mountains, birds, snakes, slaves or those whose names inspires terror.
6. "Yasto na bhavet ….. ….." – 3/10. Wise men should not marry women who do not have a brother and whose parents are not socially well known.
7. "Uchayangh……………." – 3/11. Wise men should marry only women who are free from bodily defects, with beautiful names, grace/gait like an elephant, moderate hair on the head and body, soft limbs and small teeth.
8. "Shudr-aiv bharya………" – 3/12.Brahman men can marry Brahman, Kshatriya, Vaish and even Shudra women but Shudra men can marry only Shudra women.
9. "Na Brahman kshatriya.." – 3/14. Although Brahman, Kshatriya and Vaish men have been allowed inter-caste marriages, even in distress they should not marry Shudra women.
10. "Heenjati striyam…….." – 3/15. When twice born [dwij=Brahman, Kshatriya and Vaish] men in their folly marry low caste Shudra women, they are responsible for the degradation of their whole family. Accordingly, their children adopt all the demerits of the Shudra caste.
11. "Shudram shaynam……" – 3/17. A Brahman who marries a Shudra woman, degrades himself and his whole family ,becomes morally degenerated , loses Brahman status and his children too attain status of shudra.
12. "Daiv pitrya………………" – 3/18. The offerings made by such a person at the time of established rituals are neither accepted by God nor by the departed soul; guests also refuse to have meals with him and he is bound to go to hell after death.
13. "Chandalash ……………" – 3/240. Food offered and served to Brahman after Shradh ritual should not be seen by a chandal, a pig, a cock,a dog, and a menstruating women.
14. "Na ashniyat……………." – 4/43. A Brahman, true defender of his class, should not have his meals in the company of his wife and even avoid looking at her. Furthermore, he should not look towards her when she is having her meals or when she sneezes/yawns.
15. "Na ajyanti………………." – 4/44. A Brahman in order to preserve his energy and intellect, must not look at women who applies collyrium to her eyes, one who is massaging her nude body or one who is delivering a child.
16. "Mrshyanti……………." – 4/217. One should not accept meals from a woman who has extra marital relations; nor from a family exclusively dominated/managed by women or a family whose 10 days of impurity because of death have not passed.
17. "Balya va…………………." – 5/150. A female child, young woman or old woman is not supposed to work independently even at her place of residence.
18. "Balye pitorvashay……." – 5/151. Girls are supposed to be in the custody of their father when they are children, women must be under the custody of their husband when married and under the custody of her son as widows. In no circumstances is she allowed to assert herself independently.
19. "Asheela kamvrto………" – 5/157. Men may be lacking virtue, be sexual perverts, immoral and devoid of any good qualities, and yet women must constantly worship and serve their husbands.
20. "Na ast strinam……….." – 5/158. Women have no divine right to perform any religious ritual, nor make vows or observe a fast. Her only duty is to obey and please her husband and she will for that reason alone be exalted in heaven.
21. "Kamam to………………" – 5/160. At her pleasure [after the death of her husband], let her emaciate her body by living only on pure flowers, roots of vegetables and fruits. She must not even mention the name of any other men after her husband has died.
22. "Vyabhacharay…………" – 5/167. Any women violating duty and code of conduct towards her husband, is disgraced and becomes a patient of leprosy. After death, she enters womb of Jackal.
23. "Kanyam bhajanti…….." – 8/364. In case women enjoy sex with a man from a higher caste, the act is not punishable. But on the contrary, if women enjoy sex with lower caste men, she is to be punished and kept in isolation.
24. "Utmam sevmansto……." – 8/365. In case a man from a lower caste enjoys sex with a woman from a higher caste, the person in question is to be awarded the death sentence. And if a person satisfies his carnal desire with women of his own caste, he should be asked to pay compensation to the women's faith.
25. "Ya to kanya……………." – 8/369. In case a woman tears the membrane [hymen] of her Vagina, she shall instantly have her head shaved or two fingers cut off and made to ride on Donkey.
26. "Bhartaram……………." – 8/370. In case a women, proud of the greatness of her excellence or her relatives, violates her duty towards her husband, the King shall arrange to have her thrown before dogs at a public place.
27. "Pita rakhshati………." – 9/3. Since women are not capable of living independently, she is to be kept under the custody of her father as child, under her husband as a woman and under her son as widow.
28. "Imam hi sarw……….." – 9/6. It is the duty of all husbands to exert total control over their wives. Even physically weak husbands must strive to control their wives.
29. "Pati bharyam ………." – 9/8. The husband, after the conception of his wife, becomes the embryo and is born again of her. This explains why women are called Jaya.
30. "Panam durjan………" – 9/13. Consuming liquor, association with wicked persons, separation from her husband, rambling around, sleeping for unreasonable hours and dwelling -are six demerits of women.
31. "Naita rupam……………" – 9/14. Such women are not loyal and have extra marital relations with men without consideration for their age.
32. "Poonshchalya…………" – 9/15. Because of their passion for men, immutable temper and natural heartlessness, they are not loyal to their husbands.
33. "Na asti strinam………" – 9/18. While performing namkarm and jatkarm, Vedic mantras are not to be recited by women, because women are lacking in strength and knowledge of Vedic texts. Women are impure and represent falsehood.
34. "Devra…sapinda………" – 9/58. On failure to produce offspring with her husband, she may obtain offspring by cohabitation with her brother-in-law [devar] or with some other relative [sapinda] on her in-law's side.
35. "Vidwayam……………." – 9/60. He who is appointed to cohabit with a widow shall approach her at night, be anointed with clarified butter and silently beget one son, but by no means a second one.
36. "Yatha vidy…………….." – 9/70. In accordance with established law, the sister-in-law [bhabhi] must be clad in white garments; with pure intent her brother-in-law [devar] will cohabitate with her until she conceives.
37. "Ati kramay……………" – 9/77. Any women who disobey orders of her lethargic, alcoholic and diseased husband shall be deserted for three months and be deprived of her ornaments.
38. "Vandyashtamay……." – 9/80. A barren wife may be superseded in the 8th year; she whose children die may be superseded in the 10th year and she who bears only daughters may be superseded in the 11th year; but she who is quarrelsome may be superseded without delay.
39. "Trinsha………………." – 9/93. In case of any problem in performing religious rites, males between the age of 24 and 30 should marry a female between the age of 8 and 12.
40. "Yambrahmansto……." – 9/177. In case a Brahman man marries Shudra woman, their son will be called 'Parshav' or 'Shudra' because his social existence is like a dead body.